Mcafee.com/activate - Enter activation code | McAfee activate
www.mcafee.com/activate is the perfect site to redeem your activation code and activate your McAfee antivirus. McAfee is a leading antivirus solution that safeguards your data from cyberattacks and internet viruses. From web security to system tuning, McAfee is a reliable program that has everything you’d expect from a premium cutting-edge antivirus software.
Returning users can visit mcafee.com/activate to download the software on your system. Users who’d wish to opt for a new account can follow the user guide below to download, install, and activate McAfee antivirus.
You need to follow some protocols to download, install, and activate McAfee on your system. Without these steps, there is a possibility that your software will crash or it may behave abnormally. Below is a set of steps you can do to ensure the software will function like it was intended to do.
- Remove any other antivirus program on your system.
- Make sure you have a valid activation code.
- A McAfee account (more on that below)
- McAfee subscription
- Storage space should not be less than 1GB.
- 2GB plus RAM
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7 SP1 (32- and 64-bit)
- Mac OS 10.12 to 10.15
- A working internet connection (probably broadband)
- The latest version of Google Chrome, Firefox, or any other leading web browser
How to download and install McAfee antivirus protection?
You can download McAfee antivirus protection by visiting mcafee.com/activate, but you need to create a McAfee account before that. A McAfee account is required in all the activities you do on the McAfee website. You can create a McAfee account in easy steps by following the step-by-step guide below.
Create a McAfee account
Visit www.mcafee.com/activate and go to my account.
- On the right side, you’ll see a ‘Register Now’ button.
- Click on the button and enter your first name and last name.
- Enter your email ID and choose a strong password (use an alphanumeric password)
- Read the McAfee End User License Agreement and click on ‘I Agree.’
After creating a McAfee account, you need to download the product from the software download list. You can choose the program and click on the download button next to the product. Below is a step-by-step guide for downloading the software on your machine.
- Close all the tabs on your internet browser
- Close all the unnecessary application running in the background
- Visit www.mcafee.com/activate and enter your product key.
- A product key is a 25-digit alphanumeric activation code written at the back of the retail card.
- If you have purchased the software from the internet, check your email box.
- Enter the product key and your registered email address
- On the next page, select your product from the list.
- Click on the download button beside your product.
- Wait for the download to complete
- After downloading, move to the next part, installation.
After downloading the software, you need to install it on your system. Follow the guide below to install McAfee.
- After the download, located the file in the Windows download folder
- Right-click on it and select ‘Run as Administrator.’
- Follow the on-screen instruction and click ‘Agree and install.’
- If it asks you to enter the activation key, then enter the 25-digit activation code written at the back of your retail card or in the registered email ID.
- Wait for the installation to complete and click close.
- Restart your PC and move to the next step
After successfully installing the software, the last and final part of using the McAfee antivirus protection is activating it. You can follow the step-by-step guide below to activate McAfee on Windows and Mac.
- Go to your Window’s desktop, and you will see the McAfee icon. If you are unable to see it, use the Windows search, and locate the software.
- Double-click on the icon and to open it
- On the next screen, it’ll ask you to login into your account.
- Enter your registered email address and password
- On the next Window, enter your 25-digit activation code and click activate.
- Wait for the process to complete, and after that, close the application.
Find the McAfee icon on your desktop screen
- Double click on it to open
- As a Mac user, it’ll ask you for your Mac login details
- Login in to your login credentials
- Enter the 25-digit activation code when promoted
- Click Activate and wait for the installer to process the information
- After that, close the application and restart your computer